This program is designed for our most talented performers who have successfully completed benchmark physical testing and proven themselves capable of pursuing training and playing opportunities overseas. The majority of these players will come from our Elite International Program or have attended our international Player ID Camps.
In the last few years our players have been provided with opportunities to train at Fleetwood Town, Glasgow Rangers, FC Porto, Wolverhampton Wanderers, RCD Espanyol, Malaga, West Ham, Stoke City, Chievo Verona and FC Porto. These training experiences has led to players signing for professional clubs in UK, Spain, Portugal and for the Toronto FC academy.
With Canada and the US hosting the 2026 World Cup and a new professional league being launched in Canada in 2019, there are more opportunities now available to young North American players and the most talented players will be the one’s selected. We strongly believe that gaining international training and playing experiences will greatly accelerate the player development process of young North American players and allow them to pursue the best playing opportunities both at home and overseas.
(1) Benchmark Testing based on English Player Performance Plan (EPPP) & Game Video Assessment
(2) Feedback based on Individual Development Plan
(3) Intensive training Program with UEFA A licensed coach Ian McClurg (min. 3 months)
(4) Placement overseas to gain training & playing experiences
(5) Placement in trial opportunities at Pro Clubs (based on ability level)
Players in this program are expected to attend our international player ID camps with top professional clubs and continue to work on their performance levels so that they can achieve success within a European academy environment
- Coaching delivered by a UEFA A licensed coach
- 2 x 1 hour individual training session/month based on European academy training formats
- 1 game/training session month – video analysis feedback
- Home training program containing 3 hours of training content/week
- Development of an Individual Learning Plan
- Benchmark testing based on European academy field testing
- Pathway options to professional academies in UK, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Greece and Cyprus
- Option of additional individual player game analysis & GPS performance tracking