SOCCER PERFORMANCE TRAINING & TRIALS
Let me Prepare you for Training Opportunities and Trials in UK, Spain, Germany, Portugal and Italy
I was raised in Northern Ireland and come from a small nation that has historically over-performed within the international sporting arena.
Hard-work, determination, persistence and a contagious belief that obstacles can be overcome are the key attributes that has allowed Northern Ireland to out-perform its more illustrious competitors.
They are the same attributes that allowed me to overcome the disappointment of injury as a young player and go on to establish myself as an internationally recognized performance coach, author and talent identification expert.
My success as a coach, and the success of the players that I have worked with has been built upon four pillars of success: skill + creativity + vision and passion!
These four pillars of success have helped develop athletes at the international level and now forms part of a unique coaching support program that I can now offer in training and preparing young North American players for opportunities in Europe.
- Founded and Established 1v1 Soccer as one of Canada’s leading private soccer academies
- Author of Play the 1v1 Way! Soccer Tips from an Emerging Talent Centre
- Former North American Talent ID Scout and Coach for English Professional Club Wolves
- Internationally recognized magazine contributor and blogger on talent identification, team performance & coaching development
- Former Toronto FC Academy Coach and Ontario Provincial Coach
- Masters in Performance Coaching at University of Stirling, Scotland
- UEFA A licence
- English FA – Level 1 in Talent Identification
- Professional Football Scouting Association – Level 1 Talent Identification in Football
- NLP Sport and Performance Practitioner
- UEFA B license and USSF B license
- Masters Degree in Business Administration
My Coaching Philosophy
Success for me as a coach is to develop young players who can play the game with skill, creativity, vision and passion and help them to transition to higher levels of play. It is also important that the players that I work with develop good life skills and become good people who are humble, take responsibility for themselves and demonstrate respect for themselves, their colleagues and their family.
My coaching philosophy towards development is based in inspiring young players to be the best that they can be. This can best be achieved when we remember that football (soccer) is a game. It is not about wins and losses. It is about teaching young players to be open to learning, having the courage to try new things and challenging themselves to becoming better and to find new solutions.
I accomplish this by maximizing contact on the ball and teaching the players how to make their own decisions through small-sided games.
I have strong beliefs on the type of training and the environment required to accomplish these goals. It is important for me to have autonomy over the type of coaching work I do and to continually challenge myself to improve both as a coach and person in the work that I do.